How would you react if there is violence against woman in your city? What reaction is appropriate for a society that is dealing with the aftermath of the Delhi gang rape incident? How is a society to learn from the incident and still move forward?.
Woman are struggling with the diverse demands from many sides of Indian society. Be more cautious, careful, conservative in dress and behavior are the expectations of society!! Is the hard-fought for freedom of Indian woman to be given up just because India’s patriarchal society knows no other way to react than that?
Fight woman, fight for your rights and don’t let Indian society fall back in to the past days of repression.
- The Real Shame: India’s Patriarchy Roars Back After Delhi Gang Rape (world.time.com)
- Channel emotions into ‘constructive’ action: Indian PM on rape victim’s death (todayonline.com)
- The empire within: India’s imperialist misogyny, a response to Madhu Kishwar (intrepidreport.com)
- Defence lawyer in New Delhi rape case blames victim; claims he’s never heard of ‘respected’ lady getting raped in India (news.nationalpost.com)
- How it feels to be a woman in India (globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com)